The only place where bloggers, writers, and entrepreneurs enjoy traffic is when it comes to their blogs or websites. It is not that easy to drive huge traffic to blogs and websites especially when visitors and readers leave after the opening page.
If you are starting to build your blog or WordPress website, the best way to guarantee your success is to take advantage of the different social media platforms. Social media traffic is a lot of times more important than search engine traffic.
You must keep in mind that the amount of traffic you drive to your WordPress website and the degree of engagement of your visitors depends primarily on the structure and composition of your posts on social media. To help you out, here are some ways you can grow traffic to your website.
#1 Post high-quality content regularly but limit updates
Regular posting of high-quality contents can make search engines love your website and in turn increase your chances of being found. Also, it keeps our website fresh with new information.
However, you should limit your updates. This means that you do not have to post updates longer than a specific number of characters. People just do not have the time or the patience to read detailed updates, when they can easily just read it in your contents on your website. Here are some of the ideal character counts for the top 3 social media platforms.
- Twitter – Tweets that attract higher engagements are those with not more than 100 characters.
- Facebook– The shorter the update, the higher the engagement. Usually, those updates have less than 50 characters.
- Google+ – It is usually the headlines that matter on Google+. The longer your headlines, the lower the engagement.
So in a nutshell, longer is not always better. Just make sure that you only post high-quality contents and keep your updates short.
#2 Increase your chance of being found by using hashtags and keywords with high conversion.
You must understand that using the right keywords can generate more clicks than others. Strategically using them to increase your website exposure is smart. Make sure you made your research regarding the keywords that most people type in search engines. You can do this by using SEO tools. Make sure your website contents are SEO friendly, as well.
In terms of expanding your website’s visibility, one of the simplest ways to be found is to use hashtags. Hashtags reach more people beyond your followers and readers. People use hashtags to create trends, discussions, and chat with people with the same interests. Adding 1 or 2 hashtags is enough to increase your post’s visibility.
Here’s what we found according to research and statistics:
- Twitter1). Twitter kind of the pioneer social media platform that utilized hashtags.
2). Tweets with hashtags has a higher chance of getting retweeted, which means a higher level of engagement
3). Although we advise the use of hashtags, according to statistics, overusing or putting more than 2 hashtags in one tweet decreases the level of engagement.
- Facebook1). You will rarely see Facebook users put hashtags on Facebook. Simply because it wasn’t too effective at the time. Now that people are familiar with it, using hashtags on your Facebook posts can increase your website’s visibility
- Google +1). Google + has been very supportive of hashtags. In fact, hashtags are automatically added to a post that you can edit.
2). Google + also suggests relevant hashtags to measure the interests of their audience.
#3 The use of highly creative visual content is a must
Social media was specially created for visual content. This is especially useful for social media platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest that focus on the aesthetics and quality of images. You will attract more people to check your post and eventually visit your website. The more creative and high quality your images are, the more engagement and visibility you can generate.
Every marketing strategy includes a plan for visual contents. Here are some of the types that you can use.
- Images – Ideally, original images are better because it represents your brand. It has your personal touch. You can take your own images or create using online tools such as Canva. If you do not have the time, there are a lot of free photo-sharing websites that can be your source for images. Just make a compelling statement about the image so people would be more inclined to read your content from start to finish.
- Videos – Videos are amazingly powerful in getting your message across especially if it’s a marketing campaign for your brand. You can decide the type of video and the content you want, but make sure the overall theme perfectly reflects your style and speaks for your brand.
- Animations – Animations can be a form of GIF. Funny GIFs attracts an audience. Take advantage of it.
- Infographics – When it comes to compressing a large data into an attractive but highly informative visual display, infographics is the best way to go. However, it is imperative that all information should be short but accurate. Infographics have the higher chance of going viral because people on social media usually share them.
- Memes – These are very effective in evoking emotions. They can either be funny or sarcastic.
- Presentations – If your content contains important information or a detailed guide to something, you can create presentations and share them via SlideShare.
#4 Your WordPress website should be social media friendly
These are great tips to follow to ensure traffic tor your website. However, it is best to remember that just like the quality of content that you post, your website structure also has a significant impact on the number of visitors, loyal followers, and shares you manage to gather. How do you do this?
- Add social media buttons or widgets. Sharing contents on social media are the fastest way to drive traffic to your website. So make it possible for your followers and visitors who enjoyed your contents to share them on their profiles by adding social media buttons on your website.
Ensure that you only post share-worthy contents or your share buttons will have no use. Make your headlines interesting and your content written in a fun and engaging manner. If you need assistance in writing your contents on a consistent basis, you can get high-quality writing services online, like getacademichelp that is worth your money.
- Display additional information about your website, products, and news or updates by enabling Twitter cards. You will find that this will also increase the engagements on your Tweets.
- Take advantage of Facebook’s Open Graph. If you want your featured image displayed on your website, adding the Open Graph meta-tags can do the trick.
#5 Identify content that garnered the most number of traffic.
Always remember that your contents should be posted on the right channels. This will ensure that you will be able to reach your target audiences. When you do, study your engagements. Check which posts worked so well that it generated more traffic compared to your other contents.
These wonderful and very useful insights will allow you to create similar content that will generate the same or more traffic to your website. You can use tools like Google Analytics to help you get real-time stats regarding your engagements.
It takes work, consistency, and patience to build a solid following and drive traffic to your blogs or websites, but it is possible. All you have to do is to take advantage of social media to guarantee your online survival.
Author Bio:- Priya is a Technical SEO at Hopinfirst, a leading mobile app development company which provide best ios app development and Android app development Services.